Lend Lease provides operation and maintenance services for Perth’s Northbridge Tunnel and is responsible
for maintaining the civil assets, tunnel ventilation and safety systems.
This maintenance requires regular planned shutdown programs with tasks completed by subcontract specialists and Sustainability supports these maintenance shutdown activities through provision of expertise and personnel to: –
- Review the induction program for operations, maintenance and tunnel upgrade works.
- HSE review of contractor Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) for compliance to Lend Lease requirements and global standards.
- Carry out Prestart meetings prior to each tunnel closure.
- Arrange for random alcohol testing equipment and machinery to be used.
- Inspection of Traffic Management set up.
- Incident reporting and investigation.
- Observe the Safety requirements of each working party.