Duration: 2014 – 2022
Sustainability was appointed as the Lenders’ Independent Environmental and Social Consultant (IESC) by the Bank of China, acting as Intercreditor Agency (ICA) for the Lender group financing Lukoil Overseas Shah Deniz (LOSD) and Southern Gas Corridor CJSC for the Shah Deniz 2 Gas Expansion Project (SD2 or the Project) in Azerbaijan. Sustainability conducted the initial due diligence phase of works and is contracted to provide bi-annual monitoring services for the duration of project construction. The scope of the due diligence and ongoing monitoring of the SD2 Project includes review against Lender Group environmental and social performance standards.
The key tasks associated with the scope of work includes:
- To verify that the Project is in compliance with the Applicable Standards in relation to the environment, local communities, health and safety.
- Provide specialist advice and opinion to Lenders on E&S aspects and issues throughout the due diligence and on-going monitoring.
- To identify any E&S and Health and Safety (H&S) related impacts, risks or liabilities which have not been properly mitigated or controlled in the Project.
- To assess the technical adequacy of the Project’s E&S / H&S management system, its management plans and other related documents.
- To recommend any necessary additional preventive and corrective actions to address any ESHS related impacts, risks or liabilities identified, and
- To prepare and ESDD Report and thereafter, Environmental and Social Monitoring Reports